Welcome to the SfYC blog. Every month we will send you a bulletin full of links to useful information and updates. Please check during the month for more urgent news and updates.
- Spring DfE Census and Data Collection for Early Years Single Funding Formula 2016/17
A reminder to all providers who will be making an EYE claim in the spring.
- Training Subscription 2016-17 update, existing 2015-16 courses and e-Learning places
Information on next years training subscription, low numbers on some courses coming up and a reminder to use up e-Learning places.
- Opportunity to provide a new Early Years setting in Headley
East Hampshire District Council (EHDC) have a community building at their site (Woodlands Hall in Larch Road, Headley Down, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 8AS) and are seeking a quality and experienced Early Years provider to run a pre-school setting to cater for children aged from two years to school age. Please click for further information.
- Safeguarding – Missing or lost children
Compliance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2014.
- Preparing for Changes to Childcare Register
Key changes from OFSTED coming into effect from January 2016.
- Two Year Old children from Southampton with a postcode prefixed ‘GT’
The following information is for all Hampshire settings accepting two year old funded children from Southampton District Council.
- Amendments to the Paediatric First Aid Requirements
News direct from Foundation Years.
- Leading Foundation Stage Practitioner Recruitment
The recruitment round for the 2016 Leading Foundation Stage Practitioner (LFSP) initiative is open from 1 December 2015 until the 29 January 2016 (to commence in the role from 1 April 2016).
- Prospects – December Update
Pass It On, Did You Know, Family Information Directory, Business Email Addresses, Headcount Spring 2016 – EYE Childminders, Headcount Support Sessions, Webinars for Spring 2016, Introducing the Prospects Quality Improvement Team in Hampshire.
- Parent / Carers – December Update
Integrated Domestic Abuse Service for Hampshire, Public Health England – A guide to immunisations for babies up to 13 months of age, Contact a Family magazine – ‘Connected’.
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Tax Support for Businesses
HMRC have developed a range of digital resources to help businesses with their tax requirements. For further details visit our Business Support web page: http://www.hants.gov.uk/childrens-services/childcare/providers/business-support.htm and under the right hand sub heading ‘Useful documents’, the ‘HMRC support for businesses’ information can be found.
- Children in Care Funding
Are you aware that if you have a Child in Care in your setting who is looked after by another Local Authority, you will need to submit a form to SfYC? This will alert Hampshire about this child. These are only the CIC in receipt of 3 and 4 years old EYE Funding. Forms and further guidance can be found on the SfYC and Virtual School websites: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/childrens-services/childcare/providers/sfyc-cic.htm
- Men in Early Years Conference
Keen to attract more male staff into Early Years?
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer Website Facts and Figures
Would you like to know what parents, carers and professionals are looking for when they visit the Hampshire SEND Local Offer website?
Here is the latest information on the most popular searches and articles being read, courtesy of Parent Voice.