Welcome to the SfYC blog. Every month we will send you a bulletin full of links to useful information and updates. Please check during the month for more urgent news and updates.
- SfYC Blog
This will be the last blog using the current website link as we trial a new system where we will email the blog to providers directly in a new format. Please check your business email accounts for the latest news.
- Deadline for submitting spring In Period EYE claims
Providers are all requested to submit any In Period EYE claims as soon possible and prior to the Easter Holidays for payment. As Easter is very early this year, combined with the financial year end, claims received during the Easter Holidays, even if submitted within the normal deadlines, may not be possible to process until the completion of the summer headcount.
- Early Years Education Funding Payment Terms and Conditions April 2016
- Changes to the Deprivation Affecting Children Index (IDACI) funding from 1 April 2016
The range of data that informs the IDACI which feeds into the IDACI bandings, has recently been reviewed. Please click for further information.
- Additional Financial Support for Children to attend Early Years Education (EYE) provision
Service for Young Children manage a SEN budget, designed to support EYE funded pre-school children who have complex and severe special educational needs, in their early years setting. The funding is intended as a contribution towards providing additional resources and support for the child. Please click for further information.
- National Living Wage Webinars
HMRC are encouraging employees to sign up for a range of webinars available during March. Please click for further information.
- 2016/2017 Training Subscription scheme
Reminder on next year and current year subscription and e-learning places.
- Hampshire County Council Family Support Service Consultation – Blog Reminder
Article from the 24 February
- National Living Wage and Workplace Pensions – Prospects
In April the Government’s new National Living Wage will become law, please click for further information.
- Prospects – March Update
Items include: Compliance reviews, Pass It On, Childminders working with group providers as bank staff, Upcoming Events, EYE Provider Briefings.
- Sensory Play – Prospects March 2016
The importance of young children’s learning through sensory play, please click for further information.
- Safeguarding – Prospects
The Early Years Foundation Stage provides clear guidance on the safeguarding responsibilities of early education and childcare providers.
- Parent / Carers – March Update
Items include: Help paying for childcare, What is ‘internal relocation’, Sugar smart…but Easter is coming!
- Have your say on the Hampshire Children Safeguarding Board website
The Hampshire Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB) would like your help to review its website. Please take a few minutes to complete the HCSB survey, to help determine what information should be available on a new HCSB website.
- Expansion plans: Opportunity to purchase modular space
The Director of Kingston Building Solutions Ltd (KBS) has let us know of two classroom buildings that are being off hired from a school at Church Crookham in the near future.
Please click for further information.
If you would like to view the plan layout for the building, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Sessions about Childminder Agencies
4Children is hosting a series of free information sessions about childminder agencies. If you are interested in finding out more, including how to set one up, please see the attached.
- Early Childhood Conference (Brockenhurst)
- Brake, the road safety charity’s Beep Beep! Day
A great opportunity for early years educators to introduce children to road safety basics, with fun activities and resources provided by Brake. Find out more here